So we’re here to share some tips on how to make your day truly unforgettable for you and your guests. Take note of these wedding day dos and don’ts.
- Get enough sleep. Beauty rest can make a huge difference. You wouldn’t want to walk down the aisle looking like a zombie. You may have some makeup on but your eyes will give you away.
- Eat breakfast or a light meal. It’s going to be a long day. You’ll need all the energy you can get. Be sure to eat a full breakfast. If the excitement is making it hard for you to eat a huge meal, opt for a light meal, as long as you don’t go through the day with an empty stomach.
- Stay calm. It’s quite understandable to feel a bit anxious on your big day. But then again, it’s your big day. Other people are looking out for you on this day so just keep your cool.
- Ask for help. If you need help with anything, don’t hesitate to ask. Everyone will be more than willing to help you, especially your closest friends.
- Wear waterproof makeup. Your wedding day is bound to be emotional. The waterworks may be inevitable. To avoid messing up your makeup, wear a waterproof kind and stay fab all throughout the day.
- Wear your most comfortable shoes. There’ll be a lot of dancing and walking around on this day. Don’t let sore feet get in the way of the party. You may wear your most gorgeous heels during the ceremony but consider switching to a more comfortable pair of flats (or sneakers) during the reception.
- Smile when you walk down the aisle. You’re the queen of this special day. Smile and look at your guests as you walk towards the love of your life. Your smile is the best makeup and accessory you have.
- See everyone at the reception. Some of your guests may have come a long way just to share this special moment with you. The least you can do is to thank them one by one. Take time to hop tables and say hi to everyone.
- Take pictures. LOTS. Many memories will be made on your wedding day. The best way you can immortalize those wonderful moments is to capture them in photos. However, you shouldn’t be the one taking the pictures. Leave it to your photographers as they know how to do it best.
- Stay in charge. You may have hired planners or organizers but you always have the last say. Be sure to let the staff know how you want things to go on your day.
- Make drastic changes to your appearance a day before the wedding. Like coloring your hair, for example. If you want your hair to look different for the wedding, do so at least a month before. Have enough time for a trial run. If you don’t like the results, at least you’ll have enough time to make changes.
- Be late. Yes, you may be the most important person on this day but don’t be a diva either. It’s best to follow schedules as planned.
- Do everything on your own. There’s a reason why wedding organizers exist. So leave things to the pros. If you haven’t hired any, your family and closest friends can always do you favors. Also, what are your bridesmaids for?
- Be overly demanding on your bridesmaids. Yes, it’s part of their job to assist you but they are not your slaves either.
- Bring your phone to the altar. There’s no reason for you to bring your phone with you. Leave the live-Tweeting and photo-taking to everyone else. What you need to focus on is saying your vows and getting married to the person you love.
- Go M.I.A. all of a sudden. You and your other half are pretty much celebrities on your wedding. So don’t just disappear on your guests. If you need to go somewhere during the party (to the restroom, perhaps), make sure to let the host or one of your bridesmaids know.
- Drink too much. Sure, you can have a few drinks but try to keep it under control. You’ll want to remember every moment of your special day.
- Spend too much time with just one group of friends. While this day is a great opportunity to catch up with old friends or college buddies, make sure to give equal attention to everybody. Go around and see other guests.
- Compare your wedding to your friend’s. You may have attended your friend’s wedding a few months ago but it’s pointless to compare your day with theirs. Thinking of what their wedding was like will take your mind off your very own special day. This will only stress your out. Remember, it’s your wedding. Make it truly your own.
- Stress out over the little things. This is the day you have been waiting for. Relax. Enjoy your big day.