Choosing Bali as your wedding location is an exciting choice because you’ll be in one of the most romantic places in the world. You want to look your best for this once-in-a-lifetime experience so follow these tips to be a beautiful Bali bride.
Prepare Your Face for Makeup
Bali’s wet season (from October to April) means high humidity and unpredictable rainstorms, so you need to ensure that your makeup doesn’t pull a vanishing act on your big day. Preparing your face for excellent makeup coverage is important.
- Exfoliate! In order for your skin to look beautiful and glow it needs to reflect light. It achieves this when it is smooth. Exfoliating dead skin cells gets rid of dryness and polishes your skin so that it is radiant, while also ensuring makeup you wear will look better because it’s applied onto a smooth surface.
- Waterproof your eye makeup. Your mascara and eyeliner should both be waterproof. This prevents the humidity from making them smudge and run, plus it’s also a good preventative measure if you become emotional during your wedding ceremony.
Choose Airbrush Makeup
Brides should definitely make use of the airbrush makeup technique in which foundation and blush are applied by being sprayed onto the skin. Since thinner layers of makeup are applied, the result is a softer, more professional look that is longer-lasting. It also feels wonderfully pampering when it’s being done!
Beautiful Bridal Accessories
Having an outdoor wedding in Bali is magical and your bridal accessories can add to the beauty of the day. Some of the latest bridal accessory trends can be incorporated into your wedding:
- Gorgeous headpieces
Instead of a veil which might feel clumsy in the case of a beach wedding, opt for a headpiece or hair accessory instead that will create a striking effect. An example is to wear a floral crown or a flower in your hair. This is boho chic at its best!
- Colourful accessories
Just because your dress is white, it doesn’t mean all your other accessories have to be. Get inspired by the tropical colours of Bali! If you have some colour in your bouquet, consider matching it to a brooch or shoes in the same colour. Your jewelry can also be colourful, such as with the use of gemstones, to bring freshness to your look.
- Match Your Jewelry to Your Dress
Your bridal jewelry should be striking and reflect your personality but it should also work with the rest of your appearance. Try to match the style of your clothing and accessories to your ring - for instance, if your ring is vintage include vintage elements in your hairpiece or dress - so that your overall look remains sublime.
Treat Common Hair Woes
The heat and humidity in Bali can cause your hair to become frizzy, brittle or flat. You want none of these things to happen to your crowning glory on your big day so you should follow some important hair tips:
- Use fewer products. You might be tempted to spritz on loads of sprays, such as hairspray, to keep your hair under control but this could actually make the problem worse. Try to let your hair’s natural beauty shine through by working with what it naturally does. If your hair curls, use a natural salt spray to add texture to your locks. If your hair is straight, staying away from hair products will help your hair regain its natural body and it prevents product buildup which can make your hair flat. Use deep conditioner regularly to lock in smoothness and keep your hair nourished.
- Stay out of chlorinated water. Swimming pool chemicals dehydrate your hair, and when combined with the harsh UV rays this makes it brittle. Try to keep your hair out of the water and always apply a sunscreen spray to your hair when outdoors to protect it. This is especially important if you have coloured your hair as the sunshine can strip your hair of its pretty colours.
- Wear a fuss-free but stylish hairdo. If you want to keep your locks under control, consider a beautiful hairstyle that doesn’t require lots of work or products. An example is the trendy low bun that is a fashion staple. It looks sophisticated and can become even trendier with a jewelled hairclip or headband.
Stay Beautiful All Day
Sometimes, despite your best efforts, your makeup and hair start to look less than perfect. Make sure your makeup artist and hairstylist are available to you for the entire day of your wedding so that they can touch up on your appearance quickly and efficiently when it’s required. This ensures you look stunning right until the last minute of your wedding.
Bali is a magical, gorgeous wedding destination. By following important hair, beauty and accessory tips you can look flawless, creating memories that will last a lifetime.
About Cassie: Cassie Brewer is a makeup artist and freelance writer living in sunny Southern California. She writes about, beauty, fashion, diet and wellness in order to help others not only be beautiful on the outside, but radiant on the inside. You can follow her on Twitter @cassiembrewer.